BOPEU represents members in labour issues through the Industrial Relations Department which additionally provides training and education.
The Industrial Relations Department provides assistance to its membership in various Employment Relations issues such as:
- Unfair labour practices
- Ill treatment at the workplace
- Unfair transfers and redeployments
- Promotions, progressions and upgrading grievances
- Training queries
- Representation at disciplinary hearings
- Representations at Mediation and Arbitration
- Representation at the Industrial court, High court and Court of appeal
- Offer you advises and guidance on daily work issues as well as how to respond to disciplinary letters
- Unfair dismissals
THE BUSINESS WING: BABEREKI INVESTMENTS (PTY) LTD.
- Babereki Investments (Proprietary) Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of BOPEU. Babereki was incorporated by BOPEU in 2005 in order to de-link the business from the advocacy role of the union.
- The overarching objective is to create a long term value for its members in order to uplift improve their lives, thereby making the Unions increasingly relevant.